Sometimes, in order to reconnect, we have to disconnect.
For someone like me, who loves being on and available and ready to go 24/7, I struggled with the idea of taking some time to recharge all the way up to getting on the plane. Five days at a spa?! Without my husband or kids?! (Or phone?!) It seemed crazy.
But it was necessary.
I read books. I journaled. I ate good food, slept well, and even tried equine therapy. I also let go – of thinking it’s all on me, my childhood pain, overworking.
And in the process, I learned something invaluable about not just myself, but about how I’m living my life, how I interact with my husband and kids, and how I’m setting myself up for my future:
Giving yourself your own attention is the best gift you can give yourself.
Today I’m talking about the restorative power of taking time for yourself – even (especially!) when it’s the last thing on your list. You deserve the same care you give to others – it’s time to start prioritizing YOU.
WHERE TO CONNECT WITH ERIKA:
- Come say hello on Instagram! @thequeenofconfidence
- Find me on Facebook
- Want to watch some behind the scenes & vlogs? Subscribe on YouTube
- Grab a signed copy of Erika’s new book Confidence Feels Like Shit (audiobook available) here
- Want to check out The Queen of Confidence Shop Click here!
- Check out the Website here
- Join the FEMPIRE list – get exclusive business tips and updates from Erika via a weekly email
- Are you ready to create your SIX FIGURE MINDSET? Watch the FREE training here!
WORK WITH ERIKA:
Are you a female coach who wants to grow your business? Check out the Start Up Squad here